Monday, June 30, 2014

DIY: Digital Dual-Stage Temp Controller Build




This How-To will walk you through how to build your own Digital Dual-Stage Temperature Controller.  I sourced many of the extra parts (wire, outlet) from Goodwill.  The temperature control unit was purchased on eBay for $20 shipped.  The project box was purchased from RadioShack for $6.50.  Total cost for me $30, which is much cheaper than the Ranco and Johnson controllers sold for $150.00.

Here is the link to the Temperature Conversion Chart which includes the year round offerings from WYeast (plus quite a few of their PC strains), the temp range for each yeast, and if they recommend a diacetyl rest for the strain.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! As soon as I have a separate fermenting fridge and a heating unit I'm definitely going to build this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear. One of the best investments I've made in brewing so far.

      Delete